Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy "hebi" year (福袋!)

Happy new year everyone! I wish you a healthier, happier and fabulous year ahead.
 Haha, never thought that my first meal of 2013 was instant noodle.
Received from my taiwan friend recently, it tasted pretty good, ho jiak!
 What Japanese usually do on the first day is going to temple to pray , called "hatsumoude"
 (初詣). I went to the temple for our first pray of the year with my friend, it' s a long queue,
 had been queueing for quite a long time.
It's common to do something like drawing an omikuji ( (御神籤, a fortune-telling strips) from the box to see your fortune of the year after praying. And, I got the chukichi (中吉) for 2013, it means good but I dont think they will put in the daikyou (大凶)in the box since it is the first omikuji drawing for everyone. People need good advice, encouragement and positive energy to begin another new year. To believe or not, depend on you.
 
Another thing in the to-do-list during new year was grabbing the fukubukuro (福袋)! I couldn't understand why people would go to the shopping mall in the earlier morning before the mall opened, until I accompanied my friend to queue for their lucky bag last year. [ Lucky bag I got last year ] This is the one I bought from Jeanasis.
We went to Parco this year, also in the early morning around 8am, there were already many people queueing in front of us roughly 300-400 people. And, guess what those who were standing right in front of the entrance were all guys! Dun say only girls crazy for shopping, haha.

As the door opened, everybody was rushing here and there to the shops they aimed. All the elevators were not in service at that time, may be they afraid of occuring of accident when people are rushing into the shops.Since the escalator were stucked with people, I chose to use staircase, many people were running up the staircase, I was just able to run until 5th floor coz I could hardly catch my breath hahaha... then I walked up. I think this is the most fun and exciting part of what to do in the beginning of the new year , like a race to get the things you want since the number of the fukubukuro is limited per shops.
And, this is the content of my fukubukuro. Love it ~
This is the fukubukuro of my friend grabbed from Moussy, cost around 10500yen and there are 10 items stuffed inside including a pairs shoes. This why people are so crazy about fukubukuro, the items inside always cost more than the price you paid. I saw an uncle holding 3 bags queueing for their daughter, well done uncle!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...