Saturday, June 2, 2012

Zero plan Busan GO ! (釜山行) Part 3

I have been wanting to go experience the Jim Jil Bang, a Korean style of public bath house.
It always appeared in some scene in Korean drama hehe. 
Finally, I had my first Jim Jil Bang experience in Busan.
Inside, it consists of hot spring, sauna room, massage table and this igloo- shaped room.
Most of the Jim Jil Bang are open 24 hour, I think it's quite a handy resting spot for traveller to Korea as well. Just imagine you just touch down Korea after a long flight, put down your belonging and get into the hot spring or get a steaming sauna and rest.
The temperature of the igloo room (dry sauna room) ranging in temperature, from 50 to 80 C degree. It was really hot inside as I got in the room, like getting into oven.
Not exaggerated, just the temperature not as high as oven.
The heater is a little similar to the heating element in the oven.
One of my korean friend recommended we can just sleep there overnight if you wanna save money instead of staying in hotel. As you can see here, the mat and the pillow are available, many people are sleeping on the floor, relaxing, reading comic, playing with their children and watching tv.
The Jim Jil Bang I went to is inside Hotel Hommes, it's a pretty good view looking from the room.
After the Jim Jil Bang, I was thinking to get some food somewhere. Then, I just got off at Busan University station. It's so happening here, outside of the university. There many bars, restaurants, fashion shops, cosmetic shop, cafe..... I think it's another good place for shopping as well, many shops sell cheap and chic shoes, clothes and bags here.
This is nice, it's a octopus street snack, grilled octopus slice to be precise.
 There are few type of marinated octopus, good snack for sake ^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...