Saturday, April 4, 2009

Japan Here I come

Our flight departed around 21.00 (1 April ), 1 hour later our plane stopped at Singapore for 30 minutes then proceed to Kansai, Osaka. Hehe I watched 'YES MAN' on plane, but hadn't finished watching coz I was dozing off. The movies were pretty new like 'Slumdog Millianaire', ' The Curious Case Benjamin Button'. Around 03:00am , the stewardess served us a Japanese Style meal. I could tell there is no steward on plane. I thought I could see someone like Kimura Takuya (木村拓哉) serving the passenger on plane, twisting his hair like what he did in the Gatsby advertisement hoho, I know Im thinking too much, hah
和风味的宵夜

Around 06:00 , our plane arrived Kansai International Airport. I've never thought it would take 9 hours to Japan from Malaysia.


I felt headache and stomache ( A little nervous ) when seeing so many ticket vending machines, dunno which to use. And, so many buttons on it. I tried the ask the receptionist but I was like 'Tia Bo ' for his explanation,thank him for his effort to explain to me but ' Wakaranai ( I don't undertand) ,sorry' , no one speak English here, Just followed my instinct and read the instructions, mustered enough encourage press on it haha sounds serious huh?


My route plan is like from Kansai International airport -> Shin-Osaka Station -> Fukuyama -> Okayama -> Higashi-Hiroshima
Dragging these almost 50kg stuffs with me really exhausting, but I had a long way to go to reach my destination - Higashi- Hiroshima.
I just knew that we have to buy two tickets for each way , one is the fare ticket , one is for the conductor on the train to check.

After 50 minutes I arrived Shin-Osaka Station where I need to switch Shinkansen (Bullet train )to Higashi-Hiroshima. Shin-Osaka station is like the central for the train transit.
Shin-Osaka Station, pengsan again seeing so many direction boards again, everywhere.
Here it comes .

After 55 minutes arrived at Okayama Station, changing station again

One thing you dun need to bring with you is a bottle of water, there are so many vending machines out there. And, I bought one to quench my thirst. I chose the the bottles with Ultraman on it, about 110 yen. The Ultraman seems cool but the taste so -so, not as cool as the Ultraman .
After 14 hours of travelling, I finally reached my destination at 14:00 . And ,waiting for the pick-up session at 15:15 .

Every international student will be assigned a tutor to help us settle down in Japan,and this is my tutor Saki san. She is friendly and helpful, speaks fluent English, She brought me to eat Okonomiyaki which is very famous food in Hiroshima.

I'm staying in international House A , as I opened the door in my room. It was like " What? Personal kitchen and toilet??" Great!.





2 comments:

Eunice Lim Mei Ling said...

Haha..I like your blog...

MingC said...

Visit here often lo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...